Pages

Friday 13 April 2018

My first Term of 2018

Polyfest!

My favourite thing that I did in the first term was Polyfest. Polyfest is like a culture thing that happens every year in Manukau. This year I joined the Tamaki College Samoan group and it was really fun because I get to meet and bond with new people I haven't seen before.

I joined the Samoan group so I can make my family proud and also practicing to be confident. When I went to my first practice it was really hard but then I started practicing and practicing and I got better at the moves. The hardest and the toughest thing was trying to learn the sasa and the words. 

When it was the day of Polyfest I was so nervous and scared because I kept on thinking that I will make a lot of mistakes and there were also a lot of people. After we performed, I was so proud of myself because I actually did it and there was just 1 mistake I made. When we were done performing we went to go change into our Samoan t-shirts and went around and got some food. What I ate was honey chicken and rice and got myself a chocolate Smoothie.

No comments:

Post a Comment