Pages

Tuesday 13 December 2016

2016 prize giving

2016 prize giving

Last week on Thursday we had our 2016 prize giving. The juniors had their  prize giving at day time and the students had there one at night time. It was the best prize giving I have ever had. I was so sad as well because I am a year 8 and it was my last prize giving ever.

There were a lot of people there and a lot of my family were there. I was in the kapahaka group and we had to put on black lipstick and eyeliner and our kapahaka costume. I really loved performing in the kapahaka group because we learnt a lot of maori songs and we also learn this lovely song called kapi oi oi.

I was so happy because I was so proud of myself and happy as well and my family was very proud of me because the faces were so happy. When the kapahaka group was over we went into the library and got chang into our our school uniform when we got change we went into the hall and set with the other people to watch the other performances.

I was so glad to watch the other performances because they were all so good and some of them were funny. I was so nervous  when it was the year 8's tern because I was in the front of the line and I was in the middle as well but it was OK because I know that my mum was watching me from heaven and she was so proud of me and my little siblings so I started to dance hard and it was fun.

After our performances my Burt came in the front and told all the other students to turn to the back and sang a song that represents pt England school. We were singing it to our parents.
Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. Good afternoon Raewen!

    I'm Mark, a teacher working for the Summer Learning Journey you signed up for at the end of school. I was just checking out who has started and came across this cool blog of yours! I just wanted to say that I really like it and you sound like quite a motivated student.

    This years summer learning journey is all about travel and learning about other countries. I am sure you'd enjoy joining in at some point if you were bored at any time these holidays. Points can be earned and the activities vary.

    In any case, I hope to see you joining in soon. No worries if you're away or on holiday somewhere though.

    Have a good day!


    Mark

    ReplyDelete